logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting companions released
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:14:56 GMT
>> Taking care of branding requirements seems like something that could be done separately
from getting initial companion releases out.
>> I wouldn't mind tackling that, but there is a non-trivial amount of work to do there,
and I would prefer to work on getting companions (and Chainsaw) released first.

> I reread the charge to the PMC to implement the Apache Branding Requirements (2010-10-15
on private@logging) and it is not quite strict as I remember.  It didn't have an explicit
prohibition on releases that do not conform to the branding requirements, but it was something
that the board was really emphasizing, wanted completed as soon as possible and wanted clear
reporting on progress.  The board seemed to be taking the brand requirements very seriously
and they appear to be more than willing to charge the PMCs with tasks that would distract
from getting things out.

log4php 2.1 has only a few issues left, and one of them is the
branding requirements. So I must go throught them. When I am finished,
I am surely be able to help with the companions release in that
matter. I mean, if this trading requirments are not written in
trademark chinese or something :-)