logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <curt.ar...@gmail.com>
Subject Combine Component and Receivers into extras or Chainsaw (was Re: Missing commit messages for rev 1158186 1159577, 1159583_
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 04:20:52 GMT

On Aug 26, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

>> Pulling old Chainsaw and lf5 out of core would have probably made up for the
>> difference..but hey, that ship has sailed...maybe they could all be pulled
>> into extras (component and receivers?)
>
> You mean, move the code from component and receivers into the extras trunk?
> I am +1 on this - we could even kill the parent project then and get
> rid of three releases and make only one for all

I was playing catch on this one once the Gump builds started failing and then not finding
any commit notifications in the email. I didn't see the heads up.

The motivation to have "companions" as a distinct products was not to keep the log4j.jar trim,
but allow the companions to be available for people who were stuck with older versions of
log4j 1.2 (due to package managers or other software bundlers liking to distribution ancient
versions of log4j 1.2).

I am not aware of any other users of components and receivers other than Chainsaw, so another
option would be to roll them into Chainsaw.

I have no attachment to Ant builds for component, receivers or Chainsaw.