logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1159035 - /logging/log4j/trunk/pom.xml
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:11:13 GMT

On Aug 18, 2011, at 9:02 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>
>> I think the main reason for antrun is to enhance the generated site
>> afterwards, and probably for publishing.
>> Most other stuff can be done with maven, so I would give my +1 to
>> reduce the Ant dependency to a minimum - again.
>>
>> Imho antrun should not do any tests
>>

> If I remember correctly, the reason antrun was used over the junit plugin, is that the
log4j unit tests have side effects (typically leaving files around) and changing the order
that tests are run can cause tests to fail. Not that way that it should be, but the way it
was.\\

I had this problem in Log4j 2.0.  The solution is

      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <forkMode>always</forkMode>
        </configuration>