logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing commit messages for rev 1158186 1159577, 1159583
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:12:06 GMT
We've supported both building with either Ant or Maven for many years, though releases have
been exclusively Maven for a while. The Ant build and test scripts were necessary to build
and test on JDK 1.3 and earlier (which also required an earlier version of Ant, though I forget
the specific version), but that is obviously less of a concern than it was long time ago.
As far as I can tell, the Ant build works and isn't hurting anyone, so I'd be inclined to
keep it around at least until there is a some discussion to remove Ant as a build environment.