logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Huxhorn <jhuxh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: log4j2 parameterized msg with throwable
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:44:14 GMT

On 19.09.2011, at 09:36, Ralph Goers wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Joern Huxhorn wrote:

so. I also considered logging the ThreadGroup-hierarchy but didn't do so, yet, because of
the expected performance impact.

Message implementation:
of a ThreadDump if it is actually logged, including the ThreadGroup info etc..
thread dumps via SIG_QUIT at a random points of execution.

but could be enabled in case of strange concurrency issues...

>>> I added it, but as I said, I wish I knew how to include the locks.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I could have used this 2 days ago when we were trying to debug just such
a concurrency issue.

>> I think http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/management/ThreadMXBean.html
could be what you are looking for.
>> Haven't given it a try, yet.
>
> Unfortunately, all the good lock information was added in 1.6.

Yes, it is calling for some reflection magic.
You'd have to reimplement LockInfo and MonitorInfo, though...

Joern.