logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Deleting receivers and components 'companions'
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:26:28 GMT
You pulled rewriteappender into core. That action seems inconsistent
with your list of choices here unless you are arbitrarily saying
appenders belong in core but receivers do not.

Did you post a question to the list asking the dev or user list which
classes belonged in core?  I can't find one.  I could unilaterally
decide to move everything into core (ensuring tests pass) just as you
did with the appender. Does that sound reasonable?

Scott