logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Deleting receivers and components 'companions'
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:47:22 GMT
Well, rolling them in to core would be an option.  Curt had a rationale for
companions, from a previous email:

"The motivation to have "companions" as a distinct products was not to keep
the log4j.jar trim, but allow the companions to be available for people who
were stuck with older versions of log4j 1.2 (due to package managers or
other software bundlers liking to distribution ancient versions of log4j
1.2)."

I personally don't think support for receivers with older versions of log4j
is a big deal...so I would be ok with moving things in to core.

Scott