logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Deleting receivers and components 'companions'
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:09:08 GMT
Of course, receivers has not yet had an official release, and since
receivers depends on the component code, we need a release of wherever that
goes first.

Which means component can't go into chainsaw because of the dependencies..

So to get Chainsaw out the door, we first have to move component code to
core and release a log4j with that code, then release receivers and then
we'll be able to get Chainsaw out.

Think it's possible to get a log4j core release out shortly with component
included?  If not, I suppose moving component in to Receiver would make more
sense.

Scott

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, sort of like what happened to zeroconf...
> >
> > I think Component could go back in to core.
>
> OK.. then lets wait for another couple of hours, maybe other people
> want to stand up. Afterwards I will remove the component website, but
> leave reiceivers and extras website were it is now.
>

> > Scott
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:

> may
> companions
> >>
> >> OK, and receivers and extras website will stay as it is now?
> >> Only "component" will be removed?
> >>
> >> Christian

> the
> it