logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Deleting receivers and components 'companions'
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:33:32 GMT
Gary, thanks for explaining your situation

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> We could leave receivers as their own companion...component is so small it
> should either go back in to core or into Chainsaw (there are some
> repositoryselector extensions that are useful, etc)..

another solution is to make some kind of "logging attic" and leave the
code there, unmaintained.
Or we do only remove the website as planned and leave the code were it is.

So we have now:

1) move receivers code to log4j-core
2) move receivers code to Chainsaw
3) move receivers code to logging-attic, from which anybody who wants
can copy it
4) leave code were it is, just delete the reference from the website.
Users who are in need still now were it is or know how to lookup

For the sake of pragmatism I would prefer #3

cheers,
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de