logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bugs for course "software processes" at the Freie Universit├Ąt Berlin, Germany
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:45:55 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Schenk, Julia
<julia.schenk@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> In the context of the exercises the students will have to actively
> participate in an open source project.
> Since I am not so familiar with your project it would be very helpful for
> me if you would tell me circa 8 Bugs you would like to have it done and
> from which you think they are suitable for students.

This is a great idea, I wish many Universities would do the same.

Here is the list of open issues on log4j 1.2.x series:
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Log4j

Unfortunately log4j is not so active as you have mentioned. There are
bugfixes from time to time and release all few years, but besides
log4j 2.0 and chainsaw there is less coding activity. Which of course
does not prevent us to include students bugfixes, if they fit.

If you would like to include another project I would suggest
commons.apache.org. This are small java libraries with different
technologies and also a helpful community.

Anyway, please tell your students they are free to subscribe to our
mailinglist and ask questions on the bugs. Some of them will lead to
discussion, probably a few of them can be fixed straightaway.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de