logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From indomie15 <suigion.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator Error
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 08:52:24 GMT

Hi all,

I encountered the following error when deploying my EAR application.

Dec 8, 2011 4:24:19 PM RMICClassLoader runCompile

SEVERE: log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator" object is not
assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.spi.Configurator" variable.

log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.spi.Configurator" was loaded by

log4j:ERROR [com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.DirectoryLoader@495e495e] whereas
object of type

log4j:ERROR "org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator" was loaded by
[java.net.URLClassLoader@4a804a80].

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate configurator
[org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator].

Invoking RMIC.

I only have 1 log4j.jar in my library and log4j.xml properties.
if I remove the "properties" from META-INF classpath, the error is solved,
but by doing this, the application will not be able to find the log4j.xml
file.

Please help.

Thanks you.

Anderson