logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Piers Uso Walter <Piers.Wal...@ilink.de>
Subject Re: [log4j2] A little bit fluent
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 12:14:32 GMT
This is slightly off topic, but please be aware that if you log generic objects (as opposed
to strings), you may run into a race condition that is tracked as bug #24159.

When using log4j with JBoss, this potentially causes the whole JBoss server to hang.
Our customers were not amused, when they ran into this...

I do not believe that this is fixed yet in log4j 1.x

With kind regards

Piers

--
Piers Uso Walter <Piers.Walter@ilink.de>
ilink Kommunikationssysteme GmbH

Am 04.05.2012 um 14:08 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> What I DO need though is bulk logging where I can pass in an array of messages:
>
> logger.debug(List<?>) (or Collection?)
> logger.debug(Object[])
> logger.debug(Properties)
>
> For example, I'd like to be able to do:
>
> logger.debug(System.getProperties());
>
> and have it log one entry per property. I am not sure what the format of each entry is
but a sensible default can be provided.