logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: v1 tabs vs. spaces
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 14:18:48 GMT

+1

Also, how about some standard code formatting, either for Intellij/Eclipse or
a build component that we can run to reformat prior to checkin?  For instance,
trimming line endings and using standard braces makes diffs easier to read, as
only relevant changes show up.  We'd probably want to reformat the whole
source tree once with formatting-only changes so that real changes are easily
distinguishable moving forward.

Of course the challenge is settling on a code formatting style that everyone
agrees upon and that is readily available to use by everyone, including
non-committers and those using various IDEs.

Jake