logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Extras companion supported by log4j2?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 04:23:41 GMT

On Jul 22, 2012, at 8:28 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> I'm not sure how much of the extras companion would be applicable to log4j2.  I assume
appender and receiver-related things wouldn't change much except for the construction of LoggingEvents?

> I can look things over, but Ralph, if you wouldn't mind, would you give extras a once-over
and point out what is redundant with features already provided by log4j2, and what changes
other than event construction would be likely in order to support extras with log4j2?

> I'd like to support Chainsaw with log4j2 (and existing appenders and receivers etc) and
I don't yet have a sense for what that would take.

I seem to recall going through extras and pulling several things into Log4j 2 from it. But
yes, I will go through it again.  I know you asked about support for Receivers and I haven't
done anything with that yet.  I've never looked at the Chainsaw code.

Ralph