logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Log4j 2.0 release
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 06:33:04 GMT
I am about to start a vote on Log4j 2.0-alpha1.

Just to make you aware I might do releases a bit differently than others do them.  I use the
Maven release plugin and the Apache Nexus repo so you will not see an rc1, rc2, etc on the
release anywhere. Instead, if the release candidate fails then I simply drop it from the Nexus
staging repo and delete the subversion tag. So if the release fails reviewers need to also
remember to delete the candidate from their local system as each candidate will have the same
file names.  If the release candidate is good then I will download the distribution artifacts
from the staging repo and commit those to the proper svn location and then delete them from
the staging repo. Then the staging repo will be released and the artifacts will be published
to the world.

Ralph