That's all fine but are you saying that it is the release plugin removing the tag from SVN? Or some other plugin?

Gary

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
No, we are talking about the same thing.

I use the release plugin to do a release.  It asks me what version I want for the artifacts and I tell it 2.0-alpha1.  It then updates all the artifacts with that version and uses that version to create the svn tag.  I don't know of a way to get the release plugin to create the artifacts with the correct release version yet create a tag with -rcn.  If you do please let me know how to do it.

FWIW, this is the same process I used when I released commons-vfs 2.0.

Ralph