logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Severtson <ssevert...@digitalmeasures.com>
Subject Re: SMTPAppender work in progress, questions
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:31:20 GMT
On 12/21/2012 02:08 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Scott Severtson wrote:
>> I'll see what I can wrap up in the short term, for possible inclusion in beta 4.
> Sounds great!

Code is complete, uses a manager for SMTP Session instances. It has
decent unit test coverage, including using Dumbster. I'll be deploying
it to our Alpha environment this afternoon for a bit more real-world
testing.

How do you folks prefer to receive contributions? Unified diffs to the
dev mailing list, or JIRA issues with attachments?

I've also got a minor patch to contribute to the SyslogAppender/Layouts,
which allows optional escaping of newline characters in the message body
(so the RFC-3164/5424 framing doesn't get screwed up).

--Scott