logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Severtson <ssevert...@digitalmeasures.com>
Subject Re: SMTPAppender work in progress, questions
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 19:37:30 GMT
OK. I've attached SMTPAppender as a patch to LOG4J2-131
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-131>, and created
LOG4J2-136 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-136> for the
Syslog newline patch. Please let me know if there's any improvements
that could be made to either.

FYI, I'll be out of the office after today until the end of the year.
So, if there's anything that would block inclusion of either patch in
the new beta 4 release, I'd appreciate knowing ASAP!

Thanks,
--Scott Severtson

On 12/21/2012 02:13 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Please create a Jira issue and attach the patches or files to that.
>
> Please create a separate Jira for the Syslog layout fix/enhancement.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Dec 21, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Scott Severtson wrote:

>>> Sounds great!
>> Code is complete, uses a manager for SMTP Session instances. It has decent unit test
coverage, including using Dumbster. I'll be deploying it to our Alpha environment this afternoon
for a bit more real-world testing.

>> How do you folks prefer to receive contributions? Unified diffs to the dev mailing
list, or JIRA issues with attachments?

>> I've also got a minor patch to contribute to the SyslogAppender/Layouts, which allows
optional escaping of newline characters in the message body (so the RFC-3164/5424 framing
doesn't get screwed up).