logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [v2] Where to put appenders with dependency?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 18:23:34 GMT
Unlike Gary,  I dislike the all-in-one approach.  With the Mongo example I would prefer to
be able to just add a dependency in my pom for that artifact and have it bring in the transitive
dependencies it needs.  I don't want to manually have to figure out what I need, which is
what will happen if the appender's dependencies are marked as provided or optional.

That said, I'm not sure I like the idea of having a "Proper" folder. Maybe that is just because
I've always thought that was a very odd name.  But when I added the samples everyone was in
favor of just adding them to trunk.  I'm not sure why these new components wouldn't reside
with the other "adapters", unless they are of sandbox quality.

I think a sandbox open to ASF committers is a good idea.

Ralph