logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [v2] Where to put appenders with dependency?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 14:21:29 GMT
Hi All:

Please do not make it more complicated than it already is. I profoundly
dislike having to deal with projects that decide for me that I need to
reference an API, core, foo and bar jar, and one more jar for this and
another for that. I don't care, it's a hassle. Just give me an "all" jar
file (like CXF and Jetty give you the option to use). If I have to dig
around for yet another Spring jar, I'm going to smash a pumpkin. At
run-time, if you do not load a class, the deps are not needed. At compile
time, yes, you need the API deps, but Maven takes care of that for us.

Gary