logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: SMTPAppender work in progress, questions
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 19:13:11 GMT
Please create a Jira issue and attach the patches or files to that.

Please create a separate Jira for the Syslog layout fix/enhancement.

Ralph

On Dec 21, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Scott Severtson wrote:

> On 12/21/2012 02:08 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Scott Severtson wrote:
>>> I'll see what I can wrap up in the short term, for possible inclusion in beta
4.
>> Sounds great!
>
> Code is complete, uses a manager for SMTP Session instances. It has decent unit test
coverage, including using Dumbster. I'll be deploying it to our Alpha environment this afternoon
for a bit more real-world testing.

> How do you folks prefer to receive contributions? Unified diffs to the dev mailing list,
or JIRA issues with attachments?

> I've also got a minor patch to contribute to the SyslogAppender/Layouts, which allows
optional escaping of newline characters in the message body (so the RFC-3164/5424 framing
doesn't get screwed up).