logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Berkeley DB for Java
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 00:00:53 GMT
Sounds like a job for a JMS provider like ActiveMQ.

Gary

On Mar 2, 2013, at 18:50, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

What I am looking for is simply a Queue interface that persists log events
to disk such that control can be returned to the caller immediately after
writing to the queue and even if the JVM crashes it is guaranteed that the
log event will be delivered even after a restart.  I've found some code
that lets me do that with Berkeley DB for Java. I know that that code base
is quite a bit newer than Berkeley DB itself and I haven't ever heard
discussions from anyone using it to know what kinds of problems there may
be. All the uses for HSQL I've ever seen basically say not to use it for
production stuff, although I don't know why. Plus, I really don't need a
full RDBMS to implement a queue.

Ralph