logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Berkeley DB for Java
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 17:15:55 GMT
Does anyone have experience using Berkeley DB for Java?  I am looking at creating something
similar to the embedded Flume appender using Berkeley DB as the "file channel" so that I don't
have to bring in all the Flume dependencies and the socket connection to Flume can be done
asynchronously.  In effect, I would be using Berkeley DB as the queue between the client and
the asynchronous portion of the Appender.

I'd like to know if I am opening myself up for problems in doing this so if anyone has experience
with using it I'd like to know about them.

Ralph