logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Grandin <n...@peralex.com>
Subject Re: Berkeley DB for Java
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:19:49 GMT
On 2013-03-02 19:15, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Does anyone have experience using Berkeley DB for Java?  I am looking at creating something
similar to the embedded Flume appender using Berkeley DB as the "file channel" so that I don't
have to bring in all the Flume dependencies and the socket connection to Flume can be done
asynchronously.  In effect, I would be using Berkeley DB as the queue between the client and
the asynchronous portion of the Appender.

> I'd like to know if I am opening myself up for problems in doing this so if anyone has
experience with using it I'd like to know about them.

If you want something really simply, then something like one of these
should fit the bill: ( in order of increasing complexity)

http://www.gaborcselle.com/open_source/java/persistent_queue.html
http://www.michaelgoldschmidt.eu/memoryfilebackedqueue/index.html
http://www.metanotion.net/software/sandbox/block.html
http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/