logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Berkeley DB for Java
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:32:12 GMT
Do you have personal experience with any of these?

Ralph

On Mar 4, 2013, at 1:19 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> On 2013-03-02 19:15, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience using Berkeley DB for Java?  I am looking at creating
something similar to the embedded Flume appender using Berkeley DB as the "file channel" so
that I don't have to bring in all the Flume dependencies and the socket connection to Flume
can be done asynchronously.  In effect, I would be using Berkeley DB as the queue between
the client and the asynchronous portion of the Appender.

>> I'd like to know if I am opening myself up for problems in doing this so if anyone
has experience with using it I'd like to know about them.

> If you want something really simply, then something like one of these should fit the
bill: ( in order of increasing complexity)