logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Berkeley DB for Java
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:47:00 GMT
Christian - I looked at the web site but the documentation is so sparse that I can't figure
out how directmemory could be used to solve the problem.

Ralph

On Mar 4, 2013, at 9:44 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Not used Berkely DB for anything. But as other throw in options, I
> would like to add another one: http://directmemory.apache.org/
> DirectMemory is a caching system, but they seem to support
> serializers. Not sure how DM works at all, I never dived so deeply
> into it. But I can imagine its worth a look.
>
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience using Berkeley DB for Java?  I am looking at creating
something similar to the embedded Flume appender using Berkeley DB as the "file channel" so
that I don't have to bring in all the Flume dependencies and the socket connection to Flume
can be done asynchronously.  In effect, I would be using Berkeley DB as the queue between
the client and the asynchronous portion of the Appender.

>> I'd like to know if I am opening myself up for problems in doing this so if anyone
has experience with using it I'd like to know about them.