logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Log4j Extras 1.2.17.1 based on RC1
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:18:26 GMT
Hi guys,

I currently don't have the time to do a full review of the RC (maybe
tomorrow) but I built with:

Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
17:22:22+0200)

Maven home: /Applications/dev/maven/apache-maven-3.1.1

Java version: 1.7.0_40, vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/jre

Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8

OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"


So it doesn't seem to be a Java 7 problem...


HTH

Benedikt


2013/11/21 Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>

> This is a Java 6 vs. Java 7 issue. When I try the same as above with Java
> 6, it works, but not on 7:
>
> Files [target/locationfiltered] and [witness/xml/xsltLayout.2] differ on
> line 4
> One reads:  [<log4j:properties>].
> Other reads:[</log4j:event>].
> --------------------------------
> Contents of target/locationfiltered:
> 1   : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase$X"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="INFO" thread="main">
> 2   : <log4j:message>in X() constructor</log4j:message>
> 3   : <log4j:locationInfo
> class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase$X" method="&lt;init&gt;"
> file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 4   : <log4j:properties>
> 5   : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 6   : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 7   : </log4j:properties>
> 8   : </log4j:event>
> 9   : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG" thread="main">
> 10  : <log4j:message>Message 0</log4j:message>
> 11  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 12  : <log4j:properties>
> 13  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 14  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 15  : </log4j:properties>
> 16  : </log4j:event>
> 17  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG"
> thread="main">
> 18  : <log4j:message>Message 0</log4j:message>
> 19  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 20  : <log4j:properties>
> 21  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 22  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 23  : </log4j:properties>
> 24  : </log4j:event>
> 25  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="INFO" thread="main">
> 26  : <log4j:message>Message 1</log4j:message>
> 27  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 28  : <log4j:properties>
> 29  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 30  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 31  : </log4j:properties>
> 32  : </log4j:event>
> 33  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="INFO"
> thread="main">
> 34  : <log4j:message>Message 1</log4j:message>
> 35  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 36  : <log4j:properties>
> 37  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 38  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 39  : </log4j:properties>
> 40  : </log4j:event>
> 41  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="WARN" thread="main">
> 42  : <log4j:message>Message 2</log4j:message>
> 43  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 44  : <log4j:properties>
> 45  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 46  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 47  : </log4j:properties>
> 48  : </log4j:event>
> 49  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="WARN"
> thread="main">
> 50  : <log4j:message>Message 2</log4j:message>
> 51  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 52  : <log4j:properties>
> 53  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 54  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 55  : </log4j:properties>
> 56  : </log4j:event>
> 57  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR" thread="main">
> 58  : <log4j:message>Message 3</log4j:message>
> 59  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 60  : <log4j:properties>
> 61  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 62  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 63  : </log4j:properties>
> 64  : </log4j:event>
> 65  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR"
> thread="main">
> 66  : <log4j:message>Message 3</log4j:message>
> 67  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 68  : <log4j:properties>
> 69  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 70  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 71  : </log4j:properties>
> 72  : </log4j:event>
> 73  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="FATAL" thread="main">
> 74  : <log4j:message>Message 4</log4j:message>
> 75  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 76  : <log4j:properties>
> 77  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 78  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 79  : </log4j:properties>
> 80  : </log4j:event>
> 81  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="FATAL"
> thread="main">
> 82  : <log4j:message>Message 4</log4j:message>
> 83  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 84  : <log4j:properties>
> 85  : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 86  : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 87  : </log4j:properties>
> 88  : </log4j:event>
> 89  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG" thread="main">
> 90  : <log4j:message>Message 5</log4j:message>
> 91  : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 92  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 93  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 94  :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 95  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 96  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 97  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 98  : </log4j:throwable>
> 99  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 100 : <log4j:properties>
> 101 : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 102 : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 103 : </log4j:properties>
> 104 : </log4j:event>
> 105 : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG"
> thread="main">
> 106 : <log4j:message>Message 5</log4j:message>
> 107 : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 108 :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 109 :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 110 :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 111 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 112 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 113 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 114 : </log4j:throwable>
> 115 : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 116 : <log4j:properties>
> 117 : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 118 : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 119 : </log4j:properties>
> 120 : </log4j:event>
> 121 : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR" thread="main">
> 122 : <log4j:message>Message 6</log4j:message>
> 123 : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 124 :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 125 :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 126 :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 127 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 128 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 129 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 130 : </log4j:throwable>
> 131 : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 132 : <log4j:properties>
> 133 : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 134 : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 135 : </log4j:properties>
> 136 : </log4j:event>
> 137 : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR"
> thread="main">
> 138 : <log4j:message>Message 6</log4j:message>
> 139 : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 140 :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 141 :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 142 :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 143 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 144 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 145 :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 146 : </log4j:throwable>
> 147 : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 148 : <log4j:properties>
> 149 : <log4j:data name="key1" value="val1"/>
> 150 : <log4j:data name="key2" value="val2"/>
> 151 : </log4j:properties>
> 152 : </log4j:event>
> --------------------------------
> Contents of witness/xml/xsltLayout.2:
> 1   : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase$X"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="INFO" thread="main">
> 2   : <log4j:message>in X() constructor</log4j:message>
> 3   : <log4j:locationInfo
> class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase$X" method="&lt;init&gt;"
> file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 4   : </log4j:event>
> 5   : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG" thread="main">
> 6   : <log4j:message>Message 0</log4j:message>
> 7   : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 8   : </log4j:event>
> 9   : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG"
> thread="main">
> 10  : <log4j:message>Message 0</log4j:message>
> 11  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 12  : </log4j:event>
> 13  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="INFO" thread="main">
> 14  : <log4j:message>Message 1</log4j:message>
> 15  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 16  : </log4j:event>
> 17  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="INFO"
> thread="main">
> 18  : <log4j:message>Message 1</log4j:message>
> 19  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 20  : </log4j:event>
> 21  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="WARN" thread="main">
> 22  : <log4j:message>Message 2</log4j:message>
> 23  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 24  : </log4j:event>
> 25  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="WARN"
> thread="main">
> 26  : <log4j:message>Message 2</log4j:message>
> 27  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 28  : </log4j:event>
> 29  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR" thread="main">
> 30  : <log4j:message>Message 3</log4j:message>
> 31  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 32  : </log4j:event>
> 33  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR"
> thread="main">
> 34  : <log4j:message>Message 3</log4j:message>
> 35  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 36  : </log4j:event>
> 37  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="FATAL" thread="main">
> 38  : <log4j:message>Message 4</log4j:message>
> 39  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 40  : </log4j:event>
> 41  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="FATAL"
> thread="main">
> 42  : <log4j:message>Message 4</log4j:message>
> 43  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 44  : </log4j:event>
> 45  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG" thread="main">
> 46  : <log4j:message>Message 5</log4j:message>
> 47  : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 48  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 49  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 50  :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 51  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 52  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 53  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 54  : </log4j:throwable>
> 55  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 56  : </log4j:event>
> 57  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="DEBUG"
> thread="main">
> 58  : <log4j:message>Message 5</log4j:message>
> 59  : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 60  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 61  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 62  :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 63  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 64  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 65  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 66  : </log4j:throwable>
> 67  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 68  : </log4j:event>
> 69  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR" thread="main">
> 70  : <log4j:message>Message 6</log4j:message>
> 71  : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 72  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 73  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 74  :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 75  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 76  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 77  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 78  : </log4j:throwable>
> 79  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 80  : </log4j:event>
> 81  : <log4j:event xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> logger="root" time="yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ" timestamp="XXX" level="ERROR"
> thread="main">
> 82  : <log4j:message>Message 6</log4j:message>
> 83  : <log4j:throwable>java.lang.Exception: Just testing
> 84  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.common(X)
> 85  :   at org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(X)
> 86  :   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(X)
> 87  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(X)
> 88  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(X)
> 89  :   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(X)
> 90  : </log4j:throwable>
> 91  : <log4j:locationInfo class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase"
> method="common" file="XSLTLayoutTestCase.java" line="X"/>
> 92  : </log4j:event>
> log4j: setFile called: target/temp, false
> log4j: setFile ended
> Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.372 sec
> <<< FAILURE!
> testCDATA(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.037
> sec  <<< FAILURE!
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
>         at
> org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testCDATA(XSLTLayoutTestCase.java:115)
>
> testLocationInfo(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)  Time elapsed:
> 0.283 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
>         at
> org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(XSLTLayoutTestCase.java:94)
>
>
> Results :
>
> Failed tests:   testCDATA(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)
>   testLocationInfo(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)
>
> Tests run: 217, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> My set up for Java 6:
>
>
> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
> 11:22:22-0400)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
> Java version: 1.6.0_45, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> My Java 7 set up:
>
>
> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
> 11:22:22-0400)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
> Java version: 1.7.0_45, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> The test stack traces are also not designed to work within an IDE, try
> org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo() in Eclipse for
> example.
>
> Gary
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I just ran 'mvn clean test' and got a different error:
>>
>> Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.418 sec
>> <<< FAILURE!
>> testCDATA(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.069
>> sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
>>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
>>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
>>          at
>> org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testCDATA(XSLTLayoutTestCase.java:115)
>>
>> testLocationInfo(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)  Time elapsed:
>> 0.314 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
>>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
>>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
>>         at
>> org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase.testLocationInfo(XSLTLayoutTestCase.java:94)
>>
>>
>> Results :
>>
>> Failed tests:   testCDATA(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)
>>   testLocationInfo(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)
>>
>> Tests run: 217, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>>
>>  With:
>>
>>
>> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
>> 11:22:22-0400)
>> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
>> Java version: 1.7.0_45, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>
>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre
>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>>
>> Gary
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Can somebody else help testing this on Windows?
>>> I was not able to reproduce this, but on the other hand i lack the OS.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 6 Nov 2013, at 16:43, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>>
>>>  On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Christian Grobmeier <
>>>> grobmeier@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  On 6 Nov 2013, at 14:39, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Christian Grobmeier <
>>>>> grobmeier@gmail.com
>>>>>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> The class files must have been left over from an old build. With
"mvn
>>>>>> clean
>>>>>> package" I still get one error:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Results :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Failed tests:   test1(org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingTest)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tests run: 217, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> Any chance to get more output?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> I got:
>>>>
>>>> test1(org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingTest)  Time elapsed:
>>>> 2.48
>>>> sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
>>>>      at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>>>>      at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
>>>>      at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
>>>>      at
>>>> org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingTest.test1(
>>>> TimeBasedRollingTest.java:134)
>>>>
>>>> Gary
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> For me the test works on cli and in IntelliJ. But I am on a mac.
>>>>>
>>>>> Actually the whole testing code is more than questionable these days.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  Using:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a;
>>>>>> 2013-09-17
>>>>>> 11:22:22-0400)
>>>>>> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
>>>>>> Java version: 1.6.0_45, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
>>>>>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre
>>>>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>>>>> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  Let me know.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Cheer
>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Tests run: 521, Failures: 2, Errors: 18, Skipped: 0
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> with:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a;
>>>>>>>> 2013-09-17
>>>>>>>> 11:22:22-0400)
>>>>>>>> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
>>>>>>>> Java version: *1.7.0_45*, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre
>>>>>>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>>>>>>> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family:
>>>>>>>> "windows"
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a;
>>>>>>>> 2013-09-17
>>>>>>>> 11:22:22-0400)
>>>>>>>> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
>>>>>>>> Java version: *1.6.0_45*, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre
>>>>>>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>>>>>>> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family:
>>>>>>>> "windows"
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thoughts?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Christian Grobmeier <
>>>>>>>> grobmeier@gmail.com
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>  wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hello
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> please vote to release Apache Log4j Extras 1.2.17.1.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Site:
>>>>>>>>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-12171
>>>>>>>>> (download path will be corrected at release time)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Artifacts:
>>>>>>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>>>>>>>> orgapachelogging-007/log4j/apache-log4j-extras/1.2.17.1/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> (please note: I worked more closely to the Log4j2 release
guide.
>>>>>>>>> All
>>>>>>>>> artifacts are on the repository server,
>>>>>>>>> including the previously damaged -bin artifact. Only
-src and -bin
>>>>>>>>> artifacts will be linked from the website later)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> You can easily download all artifacts using this command:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
>>>>>>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>>>>>>>> orgapachelogging-007/log4j/apache-log4j-extras/1.2.17.1/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Source tag:
>>>>>>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/
>>>>>>>>> extras/tags/apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17.1/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Changes to 1.2.17:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The -bin artifact still contained duplicated classes,
while the
>>>>>>>>> -src
>>>>>>>>> artifact did not. This version removes
>>>>>>>>> the duplicated classes from the artifact.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Please cast your vote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> [ ] +1, release
>>>>>>>>> [ ] -1, do not release, because
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>>>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>>>>>>>>> @grobmeier
>>>>>>>>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
>>>>>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<http://www.manning.
>>>>>>>> com/bauer3/>
>>>>>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>>>>>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>>>>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>>>>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>>>>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>>>>>>> @grobmeier
>>>>>>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>> ---------
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-dev-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
>>>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<http://www.manning.
>>>>>> com/bauer3/>
>>>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>>>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---
>>>>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>>>>> @grobmeier
>>>>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-dev-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<http://www.manning.
>>>> com/bauer3/>
>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---
>>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>>> @grobmeier
>>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-dev-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>
>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>
>
>
>
> --
> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>



-- 
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Mime
View raw message