logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Mahé <bm...@tango.me>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.0 candidate 1
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 04:04:48 GMT
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

" i.e., at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release,
and there must be more positive than negative votes. Releases may not be
vetoed."
So a -1 would not help. Although I assume the release manager can always
cancel the vote if he thinks it is necessary.

But imho, as a user, this issue is not a blocker and could definitely
wait for another release. I would rather see releases more often than a
single perfect release after months of waiting time.
The current artefact being voted on is already very good and nothing
prevents the community from putting another vote for a 2.0.1 right after
2.0. Users have been waiting for a 2.0 for so long already.

Thanks,
Bruno