logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Brouwer <bruce.brou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2014 03:11:58 GMT
I know I haven't had time to spend on this project lately, but I never
finished off LOG4J2-609 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-609>.
If you're itching to release this weekend, then I won't be able to get this
done. The solution I'm presenting is a little bit invasive in the "API",
but I think the current solution has some real problems. The details are in
the JIRA. I only bring it up in case you think this area of the API should
not be allowed to change after 2.0. It is kind of off in a corner where
most people won't go, so maybe it will be acceptable to fix for a 2.1
release. Where it stands right now, I don't have the tests working, which I
now thing is showing a problem with something in my solution.

What are your thoughts?

Other than that, I would really like to see 2.0 released.