logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should log4j-core be runnable using only the compact2 JDK1.8 profile?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:37:05 GMT
I'm talking about the DOM and SAX APIs. There are literally no XML APIs in
compact1. It's all the low level basics, really. I mean, compact1 gives you
more than J2ME does I think (which they're probably trying to phase out and
replace with a unified modular JDK), but it's not enough for our core
functionality. Nobody wants to write an XML parser by hand. ;)

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>