logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Log4j 2.0.1 candidate 1
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 01:33:01 GMT
This is a vote to release Log4j 2.0.1, the first bug fix release of the 2.0
branch of Log4j 2.

Please test and cast your votes.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). Note that
binding votes, as usual, are done by PMC members. Non-binding votes are
welcome from anyone and are always welcome.

This is my first time acting as an RM, so if there are any issues with
this, please let me know as soon as possible! If you don't already have my
GPG key, it's key ID FA1C814D which is available on all the public GPG
servers. Otherwise, you can download it from my Apache site at: <
http://people.apache.org/~mattsicker/FA1C814D.asc>

New features:
o LOG4J2-725:  Added WebLoggerContextUtils class to log4j-web for helper
methods useful for asynchronous servlets.
o LOG4J2-710:  Added documentation for Custom Levels and Custom Loggers.

Fixed Bugs:
o LOG4J2-744:  Avoid unnecessary Clock calls when TimestampMessage is
logged. Thanks to Scott Harrington.
o LOG4J2-704:  Improved error message if configuration file not found.
o LOG4J2-750:  Webapp configuration page has incorrect class name. Thanks
to Mike Calmus.
o LOG4J2-749:  Retain the default date pattern after fixing the ISO8601
pattern. Thanks to Scott Harrington.
o LOG4J2-670:  DatePatternConverter ISO8601_PATTERN now conforms to
ISO8601.
o LOG4J2-741:  Reinstate the package configuration attribute for
discovering custom plugins.
o LOG4J2-742:  XInclude not working with relative path. Thanks to Pascal
Chollet.
o LOG4J2-740:  Fixed typo in webapp manual regarding sample web.xml file.
Thanks to Kosta Krauth.
o LOG4J2-738:  RollingFileManager deadlock if async action thread fails to
start. Thanks to Timothy Stack.
o LOG4J2-736:  Fixed log4j-bom so that it won't specify a default scope on
any third party dependencies.
o LOG4J2-735:  Fixed log4j-bom so that it won't interfere with spring-bom
and others.
o LOG4J2-731:  Updated documentation regarding extensions to
LoggerContextFactory and Log4j 2 providers.
o LOG4J2-373:  Fixed ClassLoader issues in loading Log4j providers in an
OSGi environment.
o LOG4J2-719:  Correctly handle NetworkOnMainThreadException thrown on
Android during Log4j2 initialization.
o LOG4J2-716:  Automatically disable log4j JMX when detecting we are
running on Android.
o LOG4J2-657:  Fixed AbstractDatabaseManager to close connection on
writeInternal error. Thanks to Stefan Wehner.
o LOG4J2-713:  Android: java.lang.VerifyError:
org/apache/logging/log4j/core/util/Closer Thanks to Nelson Melina.
o LOG4J2-703:  Android: Could not find class 'javax.naming.InitialContext',
referenced from method
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.lookup.JndiLookup.lookup. Thanks to Nelson
Melina.

Tag: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/log4j2/tags/log4j-2.0.1/

SVN revision: 1614534

Web Site: http://people.apache.org/~mattsicker/log4j/2.0.1/

Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1005/

You may download all the artifacts by executing:

wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1005/

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>