logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Alvaro de Lucas <alvarolu...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Log4j2 improvement?
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:47:29 GMT
Hi Ralph,
I've finally have what I was looking for...
I'm working with Android, and I was unable to recover loggers by name (LogManager.getLogger
("xxx") crashes the App in the worst way possible...)
I think the problem starts when it looks for the log4j2.xml. I put the file everywhere, but
it doesn't work......so, I wanted to provide the log4j2.xml content into a String...
Here it is what I've done...
        String log4j2xmlFileContent=getLog4j2xmlContent();//Content of the log4j2.xml
        // convert String into InputStream        InputStream is = new ByteArrayInputStream(log4j2xmlFileContent.getBytes());
        ConfigurationSource source=null;        try{            source = new
ConfigurationSource(is);        } catch (IOException ioe){            ioe.printStackTrace();
        }
        Configuration config = org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.xml.XmlConfigurationFactory.getInstance().getConfiguration(source);
      loggerContext = (LoggerContext) LogManager.getContext();        try {
      //loggerContext.stop();            loggerContext.start(config);
} catch (Exception e){            e.printStackTrace();        }        return
loggerContext;

and now, I can use that loggerContext to get my loggers...        loggerHitosCarga =
context.getLogger("HitosCarga");
        loggerPeticiones = context.getLogger("Peticiones");        loggerQueries =
context.getLogger("Queries");        loggerDepuracionActual=context.getLogger("DepuracionActual");
        loggerDepuracionActual.warn("FUNCIONAAAAA!!!!..");
        loggerHitosCarga.info("Loggers inicializados...");
Now I only have to review and improve it a little bit, but it works...
Thank you very much Ralph
Kindest regards

     El Sábado 31 de enero de 2015 21:19, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>