logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: 2.4 release
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 02:42:06 GMT
Well, once again I didn’t get as much done as I wanted and with the discussion on the LambdaLogger
I haven’t had a chance to cut the release. We will see how tomorrow goes.

Ralph

> On Aug 9, 2015, at 9:38 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, and a mention that I have a logger-level branch in the repo that would avoid adding
70 methods, you'd only need 14 (IIRC). If anyone wants to comment on that, I'd appreciate
it. I am not asking that this be included in 2.4, but I want to explore a different style
of logging with you all.

> Gary
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Now that we have added 70 methods to Logger via Logger2, I'd like to pause the rush to
release 2.4 in order to carefully consider that we have:

> (1) All we need in Logger2 for Java 8 FP support (lazy goodies).
> (2) Any other holes in the Logger API that we can handle with Logger2. If we realize
this later, we would need a Logger3, which I am sure no one wants until Java 9...

> Gary
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 5:13 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> You are correct.  I believe I need to incorporate a couple of bug fixes from commons.
Thanks for the reminder.

> Ralph
>
> On Aug 9, 2015, at 1:09 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com <mailto:remko.popma@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Quick question (away from PC):
>> Was the DateFormat related work complete? I seem to remember there was still some
work remaining but I can't find the Jira ticket now on my phone...
>> Was there a plan to get a more recent version of FastDateFormat or was that not necessary?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 2015/08/09, at 11:27, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

>>> I should be heading back to Arizona tomorrow morning and should have some time
to work on the release tomorrow afternoon when I get home (about 22 hours from now).  I believe
I forgot some license headers and there may be a few other clean-up items.

>>> FWIW, after building the site these are the checkstyle stats:
>>>

>>> Module	Info	Warnings	Errors
>>> api	9	0	103