logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One Include to rule them all
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 19:10:18 GMT
Which ever way we do it, merge vs. include, the big picture item is that
Log4j knows about these files and therefore can watch them and reconfigure
itself. I'm OK with either approach. The multiple configuration is simpler
in the sense that it does not require new Configuration elements or
attributes. I assume that you just list them one after the other in some
sys prop. Otherwise, I would not want Log4j hunting all over my classpath
for config files and merging them all, that would not be good IMO.

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com