logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Performance page
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:23:50 GMT
Remko,

The performance page hasn’t been updated in quite some time.  It really could use some of
your nice graphs.  Also, it isn’t linked from the main menu. The only way I know of to find
it is by clicking a link embedded in the About page.  Do you think you could enhance that
page?   It would be great to see a variation of the chart you made for garbage free logging,
although I am just thinking of a few charts comparing Log4j 1, Log4j 2, Logback and JUL in
various scenarios.  Something similar to https://www.loggly.com/blog/benchmarking-java-logging-frameworks/
<https://www.loggly.com/blog/benchmarking-java-logging-frameworks/> would be nice, but
with similar configurations instead of relying on defaults.

 I am still aware that we may need to make improvements to the SocketAppender. I still intend
to create a version that uses Netty,

Ralph