logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Performance page
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 01:09:53 GMT
Either in the manual or a link above it

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 4:41 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Will do. Was on my TODO-eventually list but I'll move it up. :-)
> Shall we included it in the manual then?
>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> Remko,
>>
>> The performance page hasn’t been updated in quite some time.  It really could use
some of your nice graphs.  Also, it isn’t linked from the main menu. The only way I know
of to find it is by clicking a link embedded in the About page.  Do you think you could enhance
that page?   It would be great to see a variation of the chart you made for garbage free logging,
although I am just thinking of a few charts comparing Log4j 1, Log4j 2, Logback and JUL in
various scenarios.  Something similar to https://www.loggly.com/blog/benchmarking-java-logging-frameworks/
would be nice, but with similar configurations instead of relying on defaults.

>>  I am still aware that we may need to make improvements to the SocketAppender. I
still intend to create a version that uses Netty,