logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins build became unstable: Log4j 2.x #2082
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 17:26:15 GMT
The really correct way that this should be handled is for the test to look at all the compressed
files and wait until the uncompressed file it is created from no longer exists. When that
happens you can be sure the compressed file should be good.

Ralph

> On Jul 4, 2016, at 9:22 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wait a sec, if the problem is that a log4j thread is not done doing compression, then
log4j is not completely shut down. The clean up code expects log4j to be done. Either the
logger context rule is not shutting down log4j correctly or log4j is not doing all it needs
to do to shutdown.

> Maybe we need a new shutdown-all API that might take a time out. Hm, the logger context
rule works on a context so it's the context that might need improvement.

> Do we use a thread pool to host all our threads? That would be an easy way to shutdown
threads.

> Thoughts?
>
> Happy 4th to US folks!
>
> Gary
>
> On Jul 4, 2016 6:41 AM, "Ralph Goers" <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> This is a bug in CleanFolders.  If it encounters an error deleting files it retries deleting
the directory up to 9 more times. However, it still fails because it failed the first time
even if the delete subsequently worked.  I have a fix for this.

> I have a suspicion that the bzip test is failing because it is trying to decompress a
file that has not finished compressing. I am going to try adding a sleep for 100 ms to see
if that fixes the problem.

> Ralph
>
>> On Jul 2, 2016, at 12:14 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com <mailto:boards@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I haven't seen pack200 fail before. Who uses pack200 anyways?
>>
>> On 2 July 2016 at 08:58, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com <mailto:remko.popma@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Our old friends
>>
>> Failed Tests
>>
>>  <>org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-core <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/2082/org.apache.logging.log4j$log4j-core/testReport>
>> Test Name
>>  <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/2082/testReport/#>	Duration
>>  <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/2082/testReport/#>	Age
>>  <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/2082/testReport/#>
>>  <> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingAppenderSizeTest.testAppender[log4j-rolling-bzip2.xml
→ .bz2] <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/2082/org.apache.logging.log4j$log4j-core/testReport/org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling/RollingAppenderSizeTest/testAppender_log4j_rolling_bzip2_xml____bz2_/>
0.35 sec	1
>>  <> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingAppenderSizeTest.testAppender[log4j-rolling-pack200.xml
→ .pack200] <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/2082/org.apache.logging.log4j$log4j-core/testReport/org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling/RollingAppenderSizeTest/testAppender_log4j_rolling_pack200_xml____pack200_/>
0.33 sec	1