logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins build became unstable: Log4j 2.x #2082
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 16:22:18 GMT
Wait a sec, if the problem is that a log4j thread is not done doing
compression, then log4j is not completely shut down. The clean up code
expects log4j to be done. Either the logger context rule is not shutting
down log4j correctly or log4j is not doing all it needs to do to shutdown.

Maybe we need a new shutdown-all API that might take a time out. Hm, the
logger context rule works on a context so it's the context that might need
improvement.

Do we use a thread pool to host all our threads? That would be an easy way
to shutdown threads.

Thoughts?

Happy 4th to US folks!

Gary