logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.6.2 rc1
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 20:46:09 GMT
Even with that I am +1 (because the Clirr break is in a util package and it
would be unusual to instantiate this class)

>From src zip distro, MD5, SHA1, ASC OK.

RAT and Clirr checks OK.

Building jars OK, running tests OK.

Building site is OK.

Gary

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is one Clirr failure in the API:
>
> [ERROR] 7009: org.apache.logging.log4j.util.Unbox: Accessibility of method
> 'public Unbox()' has been decreased from public to private
>
> This is not documented in the release note and I am guessing not in JIRA
> either.
>
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is a vote to release Log4j 2.6.2, the next version of the Log4j 2
>> project.
>>
>> Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
>> [] +1, release the artifacts
>> [] -1, don't release because...
>>
>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). All
>> votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only
>> Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votes
>> and more positive than negative votes are required.
>> Changes in this version include:
>>
>> New features:
>> o LOG4J2-1395:  Add "direct" option to ConsoleAppender for increased performance.
>> o LOG4J2-1437:  (GC) ObjectMessage and ReusableObjectMessage now avoid calling toString()
on auto-boxed primitive parameters.
>> o LOG4J2-1415:  (GC) ParameterFormatter now avoids calling toString() on auto-boxed
primitive message parameters.
>> o LOG4J2-1412:  Unbox utility's ringbuffer of StringBuilders is now configurable.
>>
>> Fixed Bugs:
>> o LOG4J2-1414:  Fixed minor issues with the 2.6.1 web site. Thanks to Ralph Goers.
>> o LOG4J2-1434:  Ensure that the thread-local StringBuilders used by Layouts to format
log events to text will not
>>         retain excessive memory after a large message was logged. Thanks to Luke
Butters.
>> o LOG4J2-1418:  Provide MessageFactory2 to custom Logger implementations.
>> o LOG4J2-1420:  RollingRandomAccessFileManager was not properly rolling over on startup
and was getting a NullPointerException.
>> o LOG4J2-1417:  Fixed issue where Unbox utility ignored the value Constants.ENABLE_THREADLOCALS
and always stored non-JDK classes in ThreadLocals.
>> o LOG4J2-1422:  Fixed issue where AsyncAppenderQueueFullPolicyTest sometimes hangs.
>> o LOG4J2-1445:  OnStartupTriggeringPolicyTest fails on Windows saying the file is
used by another process. Thanks to Ludovic HOCHET.

>> Changes:
>> o LOG4J2-1432:  Update Jackson from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5.
>> o LOG4J2-1433:  Update Jansi from 1.11 to 1.13.
>> o LOG4J2-1444:  Update Apache Commons Compress from 1.11 to 1.12.
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4j2.git"
and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.6.2-rc1”

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com