logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.6.2 rc1
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 11:45:39 GMT
+1 given that we update the release notes to include the missing issues.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good catch! Ah, the joys of copy-paste...
>
> Looks like these entries all are missing the type attribute (add, fix,
> update)....
>
> We can manually update the announcement before mailing it out.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2016/07/06, at 16:56, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com> wrote:
>
> Seems like the top four entries in changes.xml is not included in the
> release notes:
>
> <action issue="LOG4J2-904" dev="rgoers" due-to="Bernhard Mähr">
>   If copy and delete fails in rename action then resort to truncating the source file
after copying it.
> </action>
> <action issue="LOG4J2-1250" dev="rgoers">
>   CronTriggeringPolicy was not properly setting the prevFileTime value for the PatternProcessor
so
>   file dates and times on rolled files were incorrect.
> </action>
> <action issue="LOG4J2-1452" dev="rpopma" due-to="Mikael Ståldal">
>   Fixed issue where reusable messages broke flow tracing logic.
> </action>
> <action issue="LOG4J2-1440" dev="rgoers">
>   Fix bug in OnStartupTriggeringPolicy that allowed it to roll over on every reconfiguration.
Added
>   minSize attribute.
> </action>
>

> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1452
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a vote to release Log4j 2.6.2, the next version of the Log4j 2
>>> project.
>>>
>>> Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
>>> [] +1, release the artifacts
>>> [] -1, don't release because...
>>>
>>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). All
>>> votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only
>>> Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votes
>>> and more positive than negative votes are required.
>>> Changes in this version include:
>>>
>>> New features:
>>> o LOG4J2-1395:  Add "direct" option to ConsoleAppender for increased performance.
>>> o LOG4J2-1437:  (GC) ObjectMessage and ReusableObjectMessage now avoid calling
toString() on auto-boxed primitive parameters.
>>> o LOG4J2-1415:  (GC) ParameterFormatter now avoids calling toString() on auto-boxed
primitive message parameters.
>>> o LOG4J2-1412:  Unbox utility's ringbuffer of StringBuilders is now configurable.
>>>
>>> Fixed Bugs:
>>> o LOG4J2-1414:  Fixed minor issues with the 2.6.1 web site. Thanks to Ralph Goers.
>>> o LOG4J2-1434:  Ensure that the thread-local StringBuilders used by Layouts to
format log events to text will not
>>>         retain excessive memory after a large message was logged. Thanks to Luke
Butters.
>>> o LOG4J2-1418:  Provide MessageFactory2 to custom Logger implementations.
>>> o LOG4J2-1420:  RollingRandomAccessFileManager was not properly rolling over
on startup and was getting a NullPointerException.
>>> o LOG4J2-1417:  Fixed issue where Unbox utility ignored the value Constants.ENABLE_THREADLOCALS
and always stored non-JDK classes in ThreadLocals.
>>> o LOG4J2-1422:  Fixed issue where AsyncAppenderQueueFullPolicyTest sometimes
hangs.
>>> o LOG4J2-1445:  OnStartupTriggeringPolicyTest fails on Windows saying the file
is used by another process. Thanks to Ludovic HOCHET.

>>> Changes:
>>> o LOG4J2-1432:  Update Jackson from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5.
>>> o LOG4J2-1433:  Update Jansi from 1.11 to 1.13.
>>> o LOG4J2-1444:  Update Apache Commons Compress from 1.11 to 1.12.
>>>
>>> Tag:
>>>
>>> a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4j2.git"
and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.6.2-rc1”

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer