logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.6.2 rc1
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:56:42 GMT
Seems like the top four entries in changes.xml is not included in the
release notes:

<action issue="LOG4J2-904" dev="rgoers" due-to="Bernhard Mähr">
  If copy and delete fails in rename action then resort to truncating
the source file after copying it.
</action>
<action issue="LOG4J2-1250" dev="rgoers">
  CronTriggeringPolicy was not properly setting the prevFileTime value
for the PatternProcessor so
  file dates and times on rolled files were incorrect.
</action>
<action issue="LOG4J2-1452" dev="rpopma" due-to="Mikael Ståldal">
  Fixed issue where reusable messages broke flow tracing logic.
</action>
<action issue="LOG4J2-1440" dev="rgoers">
  Fix bug in OnStartupTriggeringPolicy that allowed it to roll over on
every reconfiguration. Added
  minSize attribute.
</action>

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
wrote:

> What about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1452
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is a vote to release Log4j 2.6.2, the next version of the Log4j 2
>> project.
>>
>> Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
>> [] +1, release the artifacts
>> [] -1, don't release because...
>>
>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). All
>> votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only
>> Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votes
>> and more positive than negative votes are required.
>> Changes in this version include:
>>
>> New features:
>> o LOG4J2-1395:  Add "direct" option to ConsoleAppender for increased performance.
>> o LOG4J2-1437:  (GC) ObjectMessage and ReusableObjectMessage now avoid calling toString()
on auto-boxed primitive parameters.
>> o LOG4J2-1415:  (GC) ParameterFormatter now avoids calling toString() on auto-boxed
primitive message parameters.
>> o LOG4J2-1412:  Unbox utility's ringbuffer of StringBuilders is now configurable.
>>
>> Fixed Bugs:
>> o LOG4J2-1414:  Fixed minor issues with the 2.6.1 web site. Thanks to Ralph Goers.
>> o LOG4J2-1434:  Ensure that the thread-local StringBuilders used by Layouts to format
log events to text will not
>>         retain excessive memory after a large message was logged. Thanks to Luke
Butters.
>> o LOG4J2-1418:  Provide MessageFactory2 to custom Logger implementations.
>> o LOG4J2-1420:  RollingRandomAccessFileManager was not properly rolling over on startup
and was getting a NullPointerException.
>> o LOG4J2-1417:  Fixed issue where Unbox utility ignored the value Constants.ENABLE_THREADLOCALS
and always stored non-JDK classes in ThreadLocals.
>> o LOG4J2-1422:  Fixed issue where AsyncAppenderQueueFullPolicyTest sometimes hangs.
>> o LOG4J2-1445:  OnStartupTriggeringPolicyTest fails on Windows saying the file is
used by another process. Thanks to Ludovic HOCHET.

>> Changes:
>> o LOG4J2-1432:  Update Jackson from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5.
>> o LOG4J2-1433:  Update Jansi from 1.11 to 1.13.
>> o LOG4J2-1444:  Update Apache Commons Compress from 1.11 to 1.12.
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4j2.git"
and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.6.2-rc1”

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer