I think sending you to these links will help the most:

https://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/ec-public/materials/2013-01-1516/JSR236-EC-F2F-Jan2013.pdf

https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2014/07/java-ee-concurrency-api-tutorial.html

Cheers,
Paul

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:
In an EE environment, don't create your own threads. If you do create your own threads, the EE server has no way to shut them down when an application gets undeployed. You'd want to have the EE server manage the thread creations.

What's the J2EE way to ask for a thread or submit a job?

Gary

Cheers,
Paul