logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "sys" properties lookup regression
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:22:46 GMT
Good catch!
This must be a regression caused by the change made to support value attribute in Property
elements (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1313)

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/09/09, at 6:48, Leon Finker <leonfin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Testing master branch.. We have the following xml configuration:
> ..
> <Property name="additionalProp"></Property>
> ..
> <RegexFilterEx regex="${sys:additionalProp}" onMatch="DENY"
>                onMismatch="ACCEPT" />
> -- or you can have <Property name="additionalProp" /> doesn't matter for the issue
>
> And assume there is no 'additionalProp' System property set.  On master branch, ${sys:additionalProp}
doesn't get resolved and remains as literal ${sys:additionalProp}. It's supposed to default
to xml specified props, no? This worked up to 2.6.3.