logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Misplaced class?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:23:52 GMT
It is deliberately this way by design. The ThreadContextAccess class is used by the context
injector methods in the core module.

This is private API and documented as such. However it needs to be in that package in order
to use the package protected method. The reason the ThreadContextAccess class is in core is
that I want to avoid giving the impression that this is public API.

This allowed me to avoid adding a public method to ThreadContext but still access the underlying
ThreadContextMap in the context injector methods.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/09/15, at 22:18, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com> wrote:
>
> OK, but should it then be in log4j-core module? Or log4j-api?
>
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is in that package so it can call package protected methods.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 2016/09/15, at 21:41, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Should the class ThreadContextAccess in log4j-core really be in package org.apache.logging.log4j?
>>>
>>> Shouldn't it be in org.apache.logging.log4j.core (or one of its subpackages)?
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Mikael Ståldal
>>> Senior software developer
>>>
>>> Magine TV
>>> mikael.staldal@magine.com
>>> Grev Turegatan 3  | 114 46 Stockholm, Sweden  |   www.magine.com
>>>
>>> Privileged and/or Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
>>> (or responsible for delivery of the message to such a person), you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone. In such case,