logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: With the upcoming Scala support, shall we start investigating general polyglot support?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 02:32:54 GMT
The amount of support code Lombok has to abuse the annotation processor the
way it does makes it seem like it should remain outside log4j. The lack of
a need for Groovy-specific code is because Groovy is very similar to Java.
Even without the annotations, you could do something like:

class Foo {
    static Logger log = LogManager.logger
    // ...
}

A small list of JVM languages that may be worth documenting or providing
small compatibility modules for are:

* Scala (already completed)
* Clojure
* Kotlin
* Ceylon
* JRuby
* Jython
* JavaScript (Rhino or Nashorn)

I know there are more JVM languages out there, but those cover the main
production ones I've ever seen. Vert.x is a good example of a Java
framework that supports most of those languages in idiomatic ways.

<

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>