logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: throw new RuntimeException(e);
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 05:10:33 GMT
Yeah, it preserves the original stacktrace. The way it works is that it
uses generics to fool javac into thinking the Throwable has been cast to a
RuntimeException, thus allowing it to throw it unchecked, but after being
compiled, the generic cast is erased. As in all other JVM languages,
there's no difference between checked and unchecked exceptions, so it ends
up allowing a loophole where a checked exception can be thrown unchecked in
Java source code.