logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Leon Finker"<leon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j 2.7-rc1
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 03:25:52 GMT
FYI, probably not important, but noticed that this was removed: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.util.Constant.LINE_SEPARATOR.
For some reason we used it in one of custom plugins (probably copied from log4j2 existing
classes as a starting point). So it threw class not found exception in 2.7. It was easy to
fix since plugin is under our control.

On 2016-09-27 23:10 (-0400), Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> and:
> >>
> >> mvn test
> >>
> >> gives me:
> >> --
> >> Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.753 sec
> >> <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.logging.log4j.osgi.
> >> felix.FelixLoadApiBundleTest
> >> testMissingImportOfCoreOsgiPackage(org.apache.logging.log4j.
> >> osgi.felix.FelixLoadApiBundleTest)  Time elapsed: 1.389 sec  <<< ERROR!
> >> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core [2].
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Logge
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.Logger not found by
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core [2]
> >>
> >> testSimpleLogInAnOsgiContext(org.apache.logging.log4j.osgi.felix.FelixLoadApiBundleTest)
> >>  Time elapsed: 0.172 sec  <<< ERROR!
> >> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core [2].
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Logge
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.Logger not found by
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core [2]
> >>
> >> Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.309 sec
> >> <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.logging.log4j.osgi.
> >> equinox.EquinoxLoadApiBundleTest
> >> testMissingImportOfCoreOsgiPackage(org.apache.logging.log4j.
> >> osgi.equinox.EquinoxLoadApiBundleTest)  Time elapsed: 1.371 sec  <<<
> >> ERROR!
> >> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.osgi.Activator for bundle
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core is invalid
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Logge
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.Logger
> >>
> >> testSimpleLogInAnOsgiContext(org.apache.logging.log4j.osgi.e
> >> quinox.EquinoxLoadApiBundleTest)  Time elapsed: 0.293 sec  <<< ERROR!
> >> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.osgi.Activator for bundle
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.core is invalid
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Logge
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.apache.logging.log4j.Logger
> >>

> >> Results :
> >>
> >> Tests in error:
> >>   EquinoxLoadApiBundleTest>AbstractLoadBundleTest.testMissingImportOfCoreOsgiPackage:174
> >> ╗ Bundle
> >>   EquinoxLoadApiBundleTest>AbstractLoadBundleTest.testSimpleLogInAnOsgiContext:131
> >> ╗ Bundle
> >>   FelixLoadApiBundleTest>AbstractLoadBundleTest.testMissingImportOfCoreOsgiPackage:174
> >> ╗ Bundle
> >>   FelixLoadApiBundleTest>AbstractLoadBundleTest.testSimpleLogInAnOsgiContext:131
> >> ╗ Bundle
> >>
> >> Tests run: 508, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 3
> >> --
> >>
> >> Any ideas on getting the OSGi tests to pass?

by default, users need to enable this explicitly.
data to be garbage-free. Added method LogEvent#getContextData(), deprecated method #getContextMap().
ThreadContext. Values can be any Object, not just Strings. Thanks to Mikael Ståldal.
in AsyncAppender. Thanks to John Cairns.
queue in AsyncAppender. Thanks to Anthony Maire.
file from ConfigurationBuilder.
YAML layouts.
TimeUnit).
Closeable.
adding attributes in the future.
String>). Thanks to Gary Gregory.
and add Configuration.getLoggerContext().

to be on par with standalone applications.
method to avoid breaking backwards compatibility with new Configurator.shutdown(LoggerContext,
long, TimeUnit) API.
not override methods with unrolled varargs.
from toString() method of a logging parameter object. Thanks to Larry West.
Thanks to Misagh Moayyed, Steffen Offermann.
the NoClassDefFoundError stack trace  for the jvmrunargs lookup. Thanks to Lukasz Lenart.
Interpolator component no longer prints stack trace for warning messages.
when the MBean has already been unregistered.
as a value attribute as well as an element. Thanks to Philipp Knobel, Leon Finker.
a List, not a Map to prevent creating temporary Iterator objects. Added method LoggerConfig#getPropertyList(),
deprecated method #getProperties().
extended stack trace pattern. Thanks to Leon Finker.
when a security manager is present. Thanks to Jason Tedor.
logged Object's toString() logs another message. Thanks to Leon Finker.
for single-char or empty messages. Thanks to Rogério Lecarião Leite.
defaulted to includeLocation=true. Thanks to Jason Bedard.
if it cannot connect to a server.
were passed as individual arguments instead of varargs. Thanks to Srikanth Surukuntu.
the task infinitely after first fire.
property is true. Thanks to Johannes Schleger.
actually receives an event. Thanks to Krzysztof Taborski.
whose classpath entries use the "vfs" URL protocol. Thanks to Paresh Varke, Pierrick Hymbert.
Igor Karpov.
Thanks to Sridevi Narra.
when used in web applications. Thanks to Jose Leon.
with other libraries like Camel. Thanks to Moritz Löser.
FlumeAppender. Thanks to Keith Laban.
Nodes with different attributes. Thanks to Jose Leon.
Singhal.
available on Google App Engine.
'.' separator for milliseconds is now garbage free. Thanks to Richard Zschech.
are now garbage free. Thanks to Richard Zschech.
Thanks to Tony Baines.
Thanks to Richard Zschech.
Gregory.
value either in the element body or in an attribute named "value". Thanks to Philipp Knobel.
was not working correctly. Thanks to Niranjan Rao, Sascha Scholz, Aleksey Zvolinsky.
inserted NUL characters if data starts with {, (, [ or " Thanks to Sumit Singhal.
char[], int, Object[], int, int[]).
String, boolean, boolean, Configuration).
PatternMatch[], String, boolean, boolean, Configuration).
when object is null.

String).

and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.7-rc1”