logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Apache <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 12:38:17 GMT
The reason for doing this is a result of the last board meeting. The PMC had to discuss something
on the private mailing list simply because PMC members don't subscribe to every list, nor
do they want to, so it was not possible to have the discussion on the correct mailing list.

Ralph

> On Mar 7, 2017, at 9:20 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I may be missing some mailing lists considering I just subscribed to half of them less
than five minutes ago.

> This is a vote to merge the various Apache Logging Services mailing lists. The proposal
is to combine them as follows:

> log4j-dev@, log4php-dev@, log4net-dev@, log4cxx-dev@ -> dev@logging.apache.org
> log4j-user@, log4php-user@, log4net-user@, log4cxx-user@, general@ -> user@logging.apache.org
>
> commits@ and private@ remain the same as before.
>
> The proposal would also suggest that the old emails become aliases for the combined email
names so as not to lose any future emails. To distinguish between projects, a subject tag
can be added such as:

> [java]
> [net]
> [cxx]
> [php]
>
> Though I wouldn't think such a tag is required, though it should help in gaining the
attention of the appropriate audience.

> Voting:
>
> +1: Yes, combine the mailing lists!
> +0: Go ahead, don't care that much.
> -0: Don't like it, but not vetoing it.
> -1: No, don't do that! I have a better idea!
>
> This vote follows the same "lazy consensus" (at least 3 +1 binding, no -1/vetoes) we
use for general releases and whatnot. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.