From "Dan B. Tanner" <DBTAN...@KATUN.COM>
Subject specify path in File param on windows?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:24:42 GMT
Has anyone else had problems on windows NT specifying a path in the File parameter of an appender?
For example, if I try the following code in a config file:
<appender name="foo" class="bar">
  <param name="File" value="logs/blah.log" />
I get the following error:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: dude/siteUsage.log (The system cannot find the pathen specified)
Things work fine if I just specify a filename in the value attribute.
I'm using version 1.0.4.  I didn't see any bug fixes about this mentioned in the HISTORY of
version 1.1b1, so I thought I'd ask first to see if this really is a problem.

Thanks,
dbtanner@katun.com

the system manager.