From "L. Scott Emmons" <sco...@center.uscs.com>
Subject Memory footprint question re large-scale J2EE deployment
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:11:28 GMT
Was curious if anyone has measured the memory footprint of log4j. Some
of our architecture folks are worried that having 100's of classes (EJB,
Servlet, etc) instantiating log4j objects will be a problem. We plan on
using the JMSAppender, if that makes any significant difference.

I'm curious how other folks have implemented log4j in large-scale
projects. Do you instantiate log4j objects in each class?

Thanks,
-Scott